ZUEEUZ.blogspot.com


Friday, May 13, 2011

What do you call it White Wednesday


I popped over to Ebay to see what these were called, and sure enough, I guessed right.....
Cherub Compotes!

I'm such a sucker for these guys!

 

 I did a craft show a few weekends ago and meet Karin who had a booth near by, see her etsy store here.

She had moss lined compotes, something along the line of this.....

find this on ebay here
I tried to make something like this with a stuffed piece of velvet....
didn't turn out so good.
I might try the velvet again now that I've figured out what I'm doing.

This roll of moss is similar to what I used.  I got mine at Michael's but I couldn't find it online.

find this here


Such cute little faces.

Anyway, the trick is to start with a Styrofoam ball or floral foam.  Shave the ball down so that the bottom fits nicely into the shape of your compote and the top has a smooth dome shape.


Cut a circle from the sheet of moss an inch or so larger than your dome.  Use tacky glue and stick it on wrapping the edge down a half inch or so around the part that will go in the compote.


 I'd like to option to remove this from the compote without causing too much damage so I stuck it in with floral sticky clay.




I use my kitchen counter for way more crafting than my Mr. Wonderful would like. 
The tiny flowers are just pearl head pins with circle of book paper, cut with pinking shears, and glued around the pin head.
That little lace doily basket was made by saturating the doily in tacky glue then draping it over a loaf pan to dry.

Edited 5-13-11
Connie from She Dreams Big asked "What are you going to do with them all?"  Guess it was only obvious to me, ha!  I made them as jewelry display stands.  I brought a couple to the store, Che Bella, that carries some of my stuff.  I need more styrofoam if want to make some more.




I'm linking up with Kathleen at Faded Charm for her 99th White Wednesday.


 Check all the white goodness out and stay tuned for her




7 comments:

  1. I love the cherub compotes...such a great idea! Thanks for sharing them! Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comment on my entryway re-do post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. Love the mossy look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, these are all so beautiful. I love working with sheet moss. I wanted to say thanks too for praying for my husband's family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! What are you going to do with them all? I'm going to have to check out that moss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so darn cute!!! I love how you did the stick pins and then used them for jewelry display-so creative.
    xo
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your cherub compotes turned jewelry holders! What a fun idea, so cute!

    ReplyDelete