ZUEEUZ.blogspot.com


Monday, July 5, 2010

Wore it out!



It's no wonder my house is busting at the seams.  I hate to throw anything out or give it to Goodwill because I'm afraid I might need it some day.  It's happened to me more than once, I finally had a use for something I just got rid of during the last purging.  Argh!  Tell me, has this ever happened to you? 

Anyway, I've had these ceramic candle sticks for about 20 years.  I remember I bought them at an antique store in Red Wing, Minnesota.  About a year ago I broke one while dusting or changing out an arrangement.  No biggy, I'll just super glue it back together, I'm not about broken china.

So while gluing I have one of my worst crafting accidents, ever!  I can laugh about it now, but at the time, it was a mess.  I'm gently  (I think) squeezing the super glue on a broken piece when it erupts all over my hand!  My figures immediately start sticking to each other and the broken piece of candlestick and the tube of glue!  (Why it is sticking so quickly doesn't make sense since it never works that fast when you want it to.) 

I'm all panicky and yelling, "HELP, HELP".  
My son comes running from upstairs, "WHAT?  WHAT?"  
The glue is everywhere, all over the pieces.  The Boy helps me get separated as best he can.  I have no choice but to putt the candlestick together, half @ss. 

 
Yeah, lovely, a big crack and drips of super glue.  Not the best repair job I've ever done.
 
 
So I broke the second one changing out a display the other day.  Max bummer, that's what we used to say in high school.
 
You'd think I wouldn't have such a hard time throwing these out now.  I mean.....

Use it up, 
wear it out,
make it do,
or do without.
 
I think it fits the criteria.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Susanne you poor love I can SO relate....I once superglued my teeth together.... :o) !!

    Yeah....Sometimes you just have to 'let go' & move on....hahahahaha....The picture I have of you in my minds eye hopping about after the 'spill' is gonna keep me amused for the rest of the night....THANKS for the belly laugh....!!!

    Cheers from Australia,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I wanted to let you know that we'll be in Burton Tx this Saturday at the Willow Nest Farm Summer Soiree. Hope you can make it out, Theresa

    ReplyDelete