ZUEEUZ.blogspot.com


Monday, November 8, 2010

Christmas Trees for Project Monday

 

 This is what I did last night when I should have gone to bed.  See, my Mr. Wonderful was out of town this weekend and due back any minute now, probably before I finish this post.  So, what's a girl to do all weekend alone?  Make a huge crafting mess!  I worked on a couple other things and went to a huge charity garage sale, plus a neighbor hood garage sale.  The mess is all cleaned up for now, as much as it's going to be anyway. 

  And since I forgot all about daylight savings time falling back until Sunday afternoon, I got my extra hour of sleep last night instead.  So it's all good.

  
Recognize the candle sticks from this post?


I haven't decided if I like the bulb and ties on the top.  I did some paper trees last year and that's how they are finished.  In case you notice the bulbs are a little kittywampus, they aren't glued on yet so I might change out with jingle bells or rusty stars.  Unless I can think of anything else less predictable.  Shoot, an idea just popped in and out of my head!


 


I'm linking up to Pammy's Up in the Attic, party Project Monday.  I so excited, I just won her recent giveaway, I'll show you all when it comes in the mail, can't hardly wait!

Also linking up to Cindy's Make It 4 Monday at Cottage Instincts.

Another link to Fabric Fun Thursday with Kim at Cheap Chic Home.





15 comments:

  1. Those are just marvelous!! I love the ornaments, especially on the light paper ones...jingle bells would probably be really cute too though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cute!! I like both ways you made them and very clever to use candle sticks as the base. I've got a ton of felted wool sweaters that need a good idea....thanks for helping me find one.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am IN LOVE with this... it's unique and eye catching. Thank you for sharing! ~ Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I.LOVE.THIS. Seriously cute. At the beginning of your project I was already wondering how sheet music would look and then BAM! There it was. I have several loosey-goosey candlesticks hanging around that need a job. They now have one.
    Thanks for the wonderful inspiration - so happy for you that you won that sweet bling.
    Blessings,
    Pammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two requests, please: 1) Link these up with Fabric Fun Thursday, and 2) give us a tutorial. These are so darling, if I can fit a couple into my holiday crafting schedule, I'd love to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these!!! Super duper cute. The sheet music ones are my fave
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. These trees are so very cute! I agree with Pam...can you tell us how you made them pleaseeeeeeee!!
    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful!! Did you cut out all those circles by hand? I love them, excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these. Oh my gosh...so darn fabulous. I know what is on my to-do list!
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made three of the paper trees and love how they turned out, but they are very flimsy. Do I need to use really heavy wire? Also, how did you get them to stay on the candleholders? Thank you.
    Sandi
    hsb@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those paper trees are simply lovely! Sheet music, old novels, dictionaries, or even (gasp) an old bible? I might have to make some... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my stars, these are the cutest trees! I'd love to post on them on my blog, sharing a link back, and using one of your photos if that is permissible. My cousin just gave me five silver candle holders from her wedding, I can't wait to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i dont remember where i was that i found this but im your newest follower! love these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love your paper trees....just beautiful! I've added it to my project list! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both the paper and fabric trees! Seen them non Fun Fabric Thursday.

    ReplyDelete