ZUEEUZ.blogspot.com


Monday, November 1, 2010

Old Stuff, New Tricks


Maybe that's what I should be calling my stuff since that's what I like to do.  Taking old stuff that people are casting aside and putting it together in a way that will hopefully fit into our modern lifestyles.

Nothing earth shaking here.  Plates and candle stick pedestals, tchotchke boxes (yeah, I had to look up how to spell that) out of vintage tissue boxes, and in/out boxes out of, wait for it, in/out boxes, ooooo.  But I have fun with it.  Keeps me off the streets, well not really.
 

Here's a display from a recent craft show.  This was a very pretty venue at a local golf course.  Kinda funny, I came in the day before to set up but forgot my afternoon cup of coffee on the kitchen counter.  All the organizers were walking around with a glass of wine and I asked if there was someplace to get a cup of coffee.  They said,  
"I don't know we're drinkers around here!"
  Totally fun bunch, and helpful, hardly broke a sweat getting everything in and it was my fasted exit ever!


Here it is on the desk in our home office.  This is my husbands office, I should say, otherwise there would not be room on the desk top for this.  The closet however, is mine and filled to the brim.  What you can't see in these pictures is the chair propped under the door handles holding it shut.  Just kidding.....really!


So anyway, you've seen these file boxes around.  I've put them together with old trim pieces, the kind you would put on the outside corners of rooms to protect the plaster corners from getting dinged up.  This is the original color I found them in, love this color.  Also used this on my necklace holder from my last post.


So I'd like to tell you about this old ring stained desk.  It was my mom's first teacher desk.  I don't know how she came to own it, it has just always been around.  When we were kids, we each had a drawer, mine was the left hand middle drawer, still is.  Girls on the left, boys on the right, with my oldest brother's being the top drawer in the middle.  Not sure what the deal was when my little sister, number 8, came along.  Maybe she never got a drawer.  That's otay, being the baby she got all kinds of spoils!  Not that I'm bitter in any way.  Ha!


Anyway, I was going to link up to Pammy's In The Attic blog for her Project Monday but she has decided to host it once a month on the second Monday, that being next week Monday.  But she is celebrating the creation of her brand spankin' new web site Pammy's Attic.

She's having a giveaway!  Enter HERE!

Have fun checking out her blog and new website!
I was all hot to post something this morning so I'll have to come up with some other project next week.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the in/out boxes with the trim pieces! Such a great idea. I have one of those in/out boxes with the original metal legs holding them together....yours looks SO much better.
    Thanks for reminding me about Pammy's new website, I'm going to go visit.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete