I don't take the time to read as much as I'd like. I'm a slow reader, I take my time, and if it's good I can't put it down, then not much else gets done around here. Today I thought I'd share a short list of some of my favorites with you.
- Spilling Clarence - Anne Ursu
I like books where the author has come up with a premise, in this case, "What would it be like if we never forgot anything, our memories never faided?".; For example, the pain of loss we feel when a loved one dies.; We never gain the benefit of time easing that pain.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon
The glimpse into the life of an autistic boy.
- Wicked, the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West - Gregory Maguire
Poor Elphaba, she's was so misunderstood! Also saw Wicked at the theater. I was going to say I also saw 'this' at the theater but while it was an entertaining and beautiful production, it was as warped from the book as much as Wicked was from Oz! You've no doubt heard it a thousand times before, the book is better!
- Son of a Witch: Volume Two in the Wicked Years - Gregory Maguire
Loved the ending!
- A Lion Among Men: Volume Three in the Wicked Years - Gregory Maguire
Can't wait to read more.....
- Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Again, the author's premise is so intriguing.
- A Girl Named Zippy - Haven Kimmel
I'm a mid-west gal form this era, gotta love it!
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
I do not have the wonder lust, but this book really makes we want to go to this place!
- The Confessions of Max Tivoli - Andrew Sean Greer
Again, the author's premise, very interesting.
If you agree, or disagree, with any of the books on this list let me know. Also, if anyone has a recommendation for something they've recently read I'd love to hear it!